Options

Introduction

Hi everyone,

I ran into the Azimuth project by my ongoing self-employed studies in mathematics, physics, and correlated fields, for which I find the blogs very interesting and inspiring.

I graduated in Educational Science at the University of Essen in Germany and am very interested in how knowledge is gained, interconnected and transmitted to new generations. I tried to screen wide areas of human knowledge and have acquired some general, if cursory overview of many fields, largely in an operational manner, that is focusing on how concepts are being operated and interlinked to other concepts. This runs from epistemology to sociology, economy, politics, anthropology, literature, and other stuff.

Natural sciences were not my priority though, as I was told humanities were more complex and I wanted to sort that out first ;) - But lately as mentioned I am trying to catch up and am investigating Riemann, Turing, Von Neumann, and the like...

I work at an Institute for Advanced Studies in the Industrial Ruhrregion in Germany. We do largely cultural, media and educational stuff there, but among other things we work on the development of an ecological centre in Andalusia.

Special fields of study are so-called first person methods of investigation of human consciousness (that is - horribile dictu - systematic introspection).

Moreover I have experience in many practical fields, e.g. project management, filmmaking, PR, basic webdesign, and other things.

Regarding sustainability I have somewhat neglected my original fever for that topic, as the global awareness regarding these issues seemed to have reached an important tipping point and other problems came into my focus, like the global financial crises.

Personally I like films, music (downbeat), books, and bars.

So regarding natural science questions don't expect too much from me, but hopefully I can help out with one or the other arbitrary issue

cheers... Dan

Comments

Hi! It's 11:40 pm here and I'm just finally about to have dinner, so this will be short - but welcome!

One thing you might try is looking around the Azimuth Library and seeing if there are any pages you'd like to add information to. You don't need to be an expert on the subject; you just need to be interested and have some judgement about what count as reputable sources of information.

If you like web design you might also think of ways the setup could be improved - hopefully things you could actually do.

Or, you could just hang out and join the conversations here. That's fine too!

Comment Source:Hi! It's 11:40 pm here and I'm just finally about to have dinner, so this will be short - but **welcome!** One thing you might try is looking around the [Azimuth Library](http://www.azimuthproject.org/azimuth/show/Azimuth+Library) and seeing if there are any pages you'd like to add information to. You don't need to be an expert on the subject; you just need to be interested and have some judgement about what count as reputable sources of information. If you like web design you might also think of ways the setup could be improved - hopefully things you could actually do. Or, you could just hang out and join the conversations here. That's fine too!