Options

Computational sustainability

A while ago, I've read about a sort of 'movement' known as computational sustainability, which aims to use things as modeling, programming and statistics/machine learning in tackling problems related with sustainability.

Since this is a goal pretty much akin to Azimuth's, I've thought of sharing it here, even though many of you probably already know about it. By what I've read, they promote a few conferences around the globe, such as CompSust, workshop on famous engineering conferences like NIPS and CP, and are preparing special editions of 'IEEE Transactions' and 'Machine Learning' about the subject.

I'm not related in any sense to these activities, so this is not any sort of advertisement :-) Just thought you should know about it (if you don't, already). They have a (not very active) blog, with some more information.

Comments

I added a page to the wiki for this: Institute for Computational Sustainability.There was no such page before, so probably very few had already heard of it. The wiki is the best place for info like this. It would be good is you added to what I wrote.

Comment Source:I added a page to the wiki for this: [[Institute for Computational Sustainability]].There was no such page before, so probably very few had already heard of it. The wiki is the best place for info like this. It would be good is you added to what I wrote.

Their blog gives much more color than the website -- I like these guys! (I'm a cheap date --- put 'computational' in-front of it and I'm anyones)

Comment Source:[Their blog](http://blog.computational-sustainability.org/) gives much more color than the website -- I like these guys! (I'm a cheap date --- put 'computational' in-front of it and I'm anyones)