Options

Quantum Information Toolkit

Jacob Biamonte suggested starting this page to cover issues with ISI's QIT software.

I didn't explain myself very well in comment #19 of the Quantum Network page.

But Jacob also suggested I ping Mauro Faccin.

Hi Mauro,

If you check out my mis-interchange with Jacob on that thread I guess you will understand my suggestion to upgrade QIT to Python-3.3.

I don't doubt, as Jacob says, that the current QIT code works on pre-3 Python; but I know from watching a Guido video the other day that he and the devs hope the community will upgrade to 3.3 so their core team can avoid having to maintain obsolete code :).

As I'm on Python-3.3 and it's quite some hassle I'm not going to rebuild matplotlib from obsolete source but I do want the best network software for Azimuth to be developed and will try and help if I can.

Jacob wrote that you'd already got plans for future additions to QIT and also he seems to have high ambitions for it as a complete system.

Do you have some kind of road map?

Cheers

PS. David Tanzer hinted the other day that he might have a look at QIT, which would be an excellent thing to happen.

Comments

Hi! This is a great idea.

The road map is simple. If we do this, it should become the most well known simulator of quantum systems for those working in quantum information science. This would take software experts to make it logical and function out of the box.

Of course, it can also be published in a reasonable journal too. Right now, the backbone functionality is there, but we didn't really know how to make it a polished, popular and user friendly package.

We are getting a fancy webpage upgrate and that sort of thing. If we go forward with, I can ask them also to make a nice QIT homepage :)

I'm leaving town on the 6th and my house was somehow broken into. I'll mention this stuff to Mauro tmrw. He'll know what to do.

Comment Source:Hi! This is a great idea. The road map is simple. If we do this, it should become the most well known simulator of quantum systems for those working in quantum information science. This would take software experts to make it logical and function out of the box. Of course, it can also be published in a reasonable journal too. Right now, the backbone functionality is there, but we didn't really know how to make it a polished, popular and user friendly package. We are getting a fancy webpage upgrate and that sort of thing. If we go forward with, I can ask them also to make a nice QIT homepage :) I'm leaving town on the 6th and my house was somehow broken into. I'll mention this stuff to Mauro tmrw. He'll know what to do.