Options

Steve Easterbrook

I created a new page:

Anyone wanting to revitalize the Azimuth Code Project should check out his blog, especially the posts related to computer science, and think about ways of getting him involved in Azimuth! Perhaps the most reasonable way is to publicize his work on the Azimuth Blog.

Comments

edited April 2014

Wow, thanks for the reference to his blog. He's got a lot of ideas! Such as the term "climate informatics" that he introduced, which he defines as the intersection between climate science, computer science and information science.

I am going to spend some time reading through his blog.

Nice series on the blog by Easterbrook.

Comment Source:Wow, thanks for the reference to his blog. He's got a lot of ideas! Such as the term "climate informatics" that he introduced, which he defines as the intersection between climate science, computer science and information science. I am going to spend some time reading through his blog. Nice series on the blog by Easterbrook.
    edited April 2014

My summary of the last Easterbrook post on Google+ spawned a discussion with 300 comments so far. Very good! The best part is that lots of the comments were interesting.

I have a new project, which is to understand why the economist Richard Tole, in this paper:

says that economic models predict that global warming will be beneficial to the GDP until it reaches 2.8° C above pre-industrial levels, at which point the harm will start to outweigh the benefits. This is in contrast to the IPCC recommendation to hold global warming below 2 °C.

The discussion I had with David Friedman is the reason I got interested in this.

Comment Source:My [summary of the last Easterbrook post on Google+](https://plus.google.com/u/0/117663015413546257905/posts/1jmEuTHvdJB) spawned a discussion with 300 comments so far. Very good! The best part is that lots of the comments were interesting. I have a new project, which is to understand why the economist Richard Tole, in this paper: * Richard Tole, [The economic effects of climate change](https://www.aeaweb.org/articles.php?doi=10.1257/jep.23.2.29), _Journal of Economic Perspectives_, **23** (2009) 29--51. says that economic models predict that global warming will be _beneficial to the GDP_ until it reaches 2.8° C above pre-industrial levels, at which point the harm will start to outweigh the benefits. This is in contrast to the IPCC recommendation to hold global warming below 2 °C. The discussion I had with David Friedman is the reason I got interested in this.