Options

Nitrification inhibitor

Comments

edited May 2014

Interesting. As I keep running around telling everyone, right now humans turn more atmospheric nitrogen into reactive forms than all natural processes combined. But how can you put nitrification inhibitors in fertilizers and still have them function as fertilizers? Obviously I'm missing something.

Comment Source:Interesting. As I keep running around telling everyone, right now humans turn more atmospheric nitrogen into reactive forms than all natural processes combined. But how can you put nitrification inhibitors in fertilizers and still have them function as fertilizers? Obviously I'm missing something.
    edited May 2014

The idea is that more nitrogen goes from the fertilizer into the plants, instead of into N2O in the air, or nitrates in water. I edited the page in the hope of making this clearer.

Comment Source:The idea is that more nitrogen goes from the fertilizer into the plants, instead of into N2O in the air, or nitrates in water. I edited the page in the hope of making this clearer.