Options

Seeking advice about website hosting

I'd like to put up a web site about musings on various things, like visualizing a 4+1 D world. I'm looking for web site hosting that is

1) free

2) allow me to build my own graph of pages. That is, I want to be able to have hyperlinks from anywhere to anywhere.

I spent a few hours looking around without any luck. Every host required that I go through a web site builder that allowed no user control over the structure of the resulting site. Years ago I used yolasite, but their site builder has changed and seems to be no longer of any use to me. Even then I found the site builder a hindrance and I'd would rather have uploaded my own HTML. Any help?

Comments

Sorry, I don't know about this. I use the website at U.C. Riverside, where I have almost complete control about the structure of the website.

Comment Source:Sorry, I don't know about this. I use the website at U.C. Riverside, where I have almost complete control about the structure of the website.

I use godaddy. I think I pay about $80 a year including domain name. I have control over the structure. My guess is that "free" ones are paid for by advertising (at least for the hosting company) and their web site builders are a way to stop you circumventing this.

Comment Source:I use godaddy. I think I pay about $80 a year including domain name. I have control over the structure. My guess is that "free" ones are paid for by advertising (at least for the hosting company) and their web site builders are a way to stop you circumventing this.