Options

Continuous wavelet transform: interactive computational document

Hello John and hello to everyone

WEB Continuous Wavelet Transform

Standalone CDF file

Does this make sense? John I took the formulas from the blog write up you made it and tried to make them interactive in document form. The purpose is to make SYMBOLIC CALCULATOR that aids to educate and be used for repetitive tasks.

j is the log2 of s, and s is the dialtion parameter for the wavelet. t runs through the data.

I made two sample functions one with burst-mode sinusodial signal, another straight line.

You could use the standalone version and run out of the browser, it is faster.

Let me know any glitches, this was built by version 10 of Mathematica.

Dara

Comments

The blue curve is the data, the golden curve is Psi * data and the summation is outputed on top of the graph. Basically you should be able to see how the Psi * data goes from a delta function to a spread sinusodial-looking wavelet

Dara

Comment Source:The blue curve is the data, the golden curve is Psi * data and the summation is outputed on top of the graph. Basically you should be able to see how the Psi * data goes from a delta function to a spread sinusodial-looking wavelet Dara

John the computations are exactly what is in the formula, delta = 1. I try to do the actual integral form of the same transforms

Comment Source:John the computations are exactly what is in the formula, delta = 1. I try to do the actual integral form of the same transforms

I just added the Tahiti and Darwin RAW ({}) data to this CDF, so you see 4 panels,the top two are used to educate the user explaining the math in John's blog, the 3-4 panels are actual data from Tahiti and Darwin anomalies.

Dara

Comment Source:I just added the Tahiti and Darwin RAW ({}) data to this CDF, so you see 4 panels,the top two are used to educate the user explaining the math in John's blog, the 3-4 panels are actual data from Tahiti and Darwin anomalies. Dara

If you click on the inner most code of the panel where the actual curves are plotted, an ORANGE frame appears, then do a CTRL-C and that copies the plots you could then paste into another application

Comment Source:If you click on the inner most code of the panel where the actual curves are plotted, an ORANGE frame appears, then do a CTRL-C and that copies the plots you could then paste into another application