Options

Conferences on topological and geometrical structures of information

TGSI2017, to be held 27 August-1 September 2017 at CIRM, is dedicated to the geometrical and topological foundations of information theory. It will complement the 2017, 2016, 2015 and 2013 edition of "Geometric Science of Information" and "Information Geometry and its Applications IV", by focusing on the advances of entropy and information functions in probability, geometry, homology, algebra, category theory and their expression in physic and data analysis.

http://forum.cs-dc.org/topic/361/tgsi2017-presentation-organisation-abstract-submission

A preliminary program can be found here:

http://forum.cs-dc.org/topic/387/tgsi2017-preliminary-program

The sessions are :

Session 1: Information-Theoretic Geometry of Metric Measure Spaces (particular and general).

Session 2: Information and Topology

Session 3: Classical/Stochastic Geometric Mechanics and Lie Group Thermodynamics /Statistical Physics

Session 4: Geometry of Quantum States and Quantum Correlations

Session 5: Quantum States of Geometry and Geometry of Quantum States.

Session 6: Geometric Statistics on Manifolds and Shape Spaces.

Session 7: Geometry of Information for Neural Networks, Machine Learning, and Artificial Intelligence.

Comments

edited February 2016

Nice! I moved this post to "News and information", since you are not adding information to the Azimuth Wiki pages on "Mathematical methods", but instead passing on an announcement. I may post a version of this on the blog.

Comment Source:Nice! I moved this post to "News and information", since you are not adding information to the Azimuth Wiki pages on "Mathematical methods", but instead passing on an announcement. I may post a version of this on the blog.

Yes, thanks and sorry, I am beginner and a bit confused on where to post things. The conference webpages contain only few scientific info with abstract resuming the motivations of the sessions for the moment. In the future, they will be completed with the videos of each conferences and all related documents (PDF).

Comment Source:Yes, thanks and sorry, I am beginner and a bit confused on where to post things. The conference webpages contain only few scientific info with abstract resuming the motivations of the sessions for the moment. In the future, they will be completed with the videos of each conferences and all related documents (PDF).

I am very happy to see this Pierre. I have seen that the bulk of the computing community makes do with crude distance measures, when analyzing high-dimensional datasets, then uses a brute-force approximation. Worst; people in Computer Science seem to completely lack the sophistication of when to use measure spaces built on hyper-spherical, rather than hyper-cubic expansions. At least Math folks can tell what is efficient, for resolving a given target.

It is refreshing to see people are taking the need seriously, to address the Information Science/Information Technology gap in understanding. I shall pass your links on to my friend Leo KoGuan. I recently overheard him talking with someone from Templeton about funding research in this general direction. Then we saw an excellent lecture from former LIGO head Barry Barish. I'll be at GR21, but I won't be likely to get to the conference mentioned. However; it is really good to see the progress on this topic.

Comment Source:I am very happy to see this Pierre. I have seen that the bulk of the computing community makes do with crude distance measures, when analyzing high-dimensional datasets, then uses a brute-force approximation. Worst; people in Computer Science seem to completely lack the sophistication of when to use measure spaces built on hyper-spherical, rather than hyper-cubic expansions. At least Math folks can tell what is efficient, for resolving a given target. It is refreshing to see people are taking the need seriously, to address the Information Science/Information Technology gap in understanding. I shall pass your links on to my friend Leo KoGuan. I recently overheard him talking with someone from Templeton about funding research in this general direction. Then we saw an excellent lecture from former LIGO head Barry Barish. I'll be at GR21, but I won't be likely to get to the conference mentioned. However; it is really good to see the progress on this topic.