Options

Atlantic Multidecadal Oscillation (AMO)

I started a page

Atlantic multidecadal oscillation

on another nice example of a phenomenon that could have big effects on hurricanes, droughts, etc. and has been studied using stochastic methods. Later I'll try to remember to include a link to the relevant chapter of the volume edited by Tim Palmer!

Comments

Do the links of the references work for you? Some bring me to the "create page" page and some simply return a "server not found" error message...

Comment Source:Do the links of the references work for you? Some bring me to the "create page" page and some simply return a "server not found" error message...

I'd left out "http://" in some of the links. Thanks. I think they're all working now.

Comment Source:I'd left out "http://" in some of the links. Thanks. I think they're all working now.

There is a AMO page with almost identical content.

Comment Source:There is a [[AMO]] page with almost identical content.
    edited November 2010

I thought I'd created a redirect from AMO to Atlantic Multidecadal Oscillation. I've decided that in most cases page titles should be comprehensible phrases rather than their acronyms. I believe this is the Wikipedia practice.

I'll try to remember to find out what's going on when the wiki is back up! If I don't remember, someone please try to fix AMO / Atlantic Multidecadal Oscillation when they read this comment!

Comment Source:I thought I'd created a redirect from AMO to Atlantic Multidecadal Oscillation. I've decided that in most cases page titles should be comprehensible phrases rather than their acronyms. I believe this is the Wikipedia practice. I'll try to remember to find out what's going on when the wiki is back up! If I don't remember, someone please try to fix [[AMO]] / [[Atlantic Multidecadal Oscillation]] when they read this comment!

I've emptied AMO and marked it category:delete

Comment Source:I've emptied [[AMO]] and marked it category:delete

I added some links to a 'minimal model' of the AMO to

Atlantic Multidecadal Oscillation

Apparently for a long time it was tough getting climate models to predict this oscillation, in part because of its long period.

Comment Source:I added some links to a 'minimal model' of the AMO to [[Atlantic Multidecadal Oscillation]] Apparently for a long time it was tough getting climate models to predict this oscillation, in part because of its long period.