Options

Introduction: Matthew Doty

edited March 2018 in Chat

Hi! I am a software engineer.

I program in Scala for work, and Haskell and Isabelle/HOL in my free time.

My interests are: computer assisted verification, probability, decision algorithms and mathematical logic.

Comments

Sounds great! If you use Haskell and HOL you must already have some category theory flowing through your veins.

What's Isabelle, exactly?

Comment Source:Sounds great! If you use Haskell and HOL you must already have some category theory flowing through your veins. What's Isabelle, exactly?

Isabelle/HOL is a dialect of HOL developed by the University of Cambridge and Technische Universität München. It’s original author is Laurence Paulson. It differs from HOL5 and HOL Light as it’s type system can express type classes. I use it because I prefer its automation tools.

Thank you so much for hosting this course. There’s always something to learn! This is a marvelous opertunity to get better at category theory

Comment Source:[Isabelle/HOL](https://isabelle.in.tum.de/) is a dialect of HOL developed by the University of Cambridge and Technische Universität München. It’s original author is Laurence Paulson. It differs from HOL5 and HOL Light as it’s type system can express type classes. I use it because I prefer its automation tools. Thank you so much for hosting this course. There’s always something to learn! This is a marvelous opertunity to get better at category theory

Hi Matthew, do you get to explore any of your listed interests for work? If so, where do you work?

Comment Source:Hi Matthew, do you get to explore any of your listed interests for work? If so, where do you work?

The Krein-Milman stuff is up.

This material is much easier than the length might imply. If you find this material interesting the fourth part has the definition of an extreme subregion. You may want to prove a couple of the statements. All but the algebraic one are easy.

Comment Source:The Krein-Milman stuff is up. This material is much easier than the length might imply. If you find this material interesting the fourth part has the definition of an extreme subregion. You may want to prove a couple of the statements. All but the algebraic one are easy.