Options

Introduction: Robert Harper

hi, i'm a professor of cs at cmu working on type theory and programming. most recently i've been working with my students on developing a computational (pl-centric) semantics of higher-dimensional type theory.

Comments

Wow, Bob Harper! I took a shot at reading PFPL a few years ago, and had a rough but worthwhile time. Thanks!

Comment Source:Wow, Bob Harper! I took a shot at reading PFPL a few years ago, and had a rough but worthwhile time. Thanks!

Hi Bob, great to see you here!

Your unfinished book on Standard ML was very instrumental in my understanding and appreciation of SML, and I personally owe you a great debt for writing it. So, thank you! Is there any chance you might finish writing the book in the near future?

Comment Source:Hi Bob, great to see you here! Your unfinished book on Standard ML was very instrumental in my understanding and appreciation of SML, and I personally owe you a great debt for writing it. So, thank you! Is there any chance you might finish writing the book in the near future?

Glad to hear of your appreciation of my books!

Comment Source:Glad to hear of your appreciation of my books!

Hi Dr. Harper. Huge fan. When people ask me what to read about the fundamentals of programming languages, I tell them that PFPL is the class of the field. Also have gotten a lot out of your blog, especially your explication of why laziness is the wrong default.

Comment Source:Hi Dr. Harper. Huge fan. When people ask me what to read about the fundamentals of programming languages, I tell them that PFPL is the class of the field. Also have gotten a lot out of your blog, especially your explication of why laziness is the wrong default.

Wow, thank you!

Comment Source:Wow, thank you!