Options

Introduction: Scott Viteri

edited March 2018 in Chat

Hello!

I am a senior undergraduate at MIT, majoring in computer science. I took this course when it was briefly offered during MIT's Independent Activities Period. I am here because I would love a chance to go back through the material with a bit more depth.

My background is in robotics and planning -- For example, I was part of MIT's DARPA Robotics team (http://drc.mit.edu/). Since then I have delved deeply into artificial intelligence, where I have gotten to learn first hand from professors Patrick Winston, Joshua Tenenbaum, and Joscha Bach. I am actually working on a research paper with David Spivak at the moment, where we are using some of this machinery to make an AI planning language :)

I may not be perpetually active in this course, since I am in already in the midst of research and a full course-load at university. In any event, feel free to message me -- I'll always make time for interesting conversations!

Comments

Hi! Are you using any category theory in your work with David? He tends to do things with categories.

Comment Source:Hi! Are you using any category theory in your work with David? He tends to do things with categories.

Yup! We're treating planning as theorem proving in the bicategory of relations.

Comment Source:Yup! We're treating planning as theorem proving in the bicategory of relations.

Nice to see you here. I took Russ Tedrake's Underactuated Robotics online course (6.832x) a couple years back and really enjoyed it. I envied you guys who got to actually work with some hardware. (I also took Winston's AI course at MIT a looong time ago - things have changed a bit since then!)

Comment Source:Nice to see you here. I took Russ Tedrake's Underactuated Robotics online course (6.832x) a couple years back and really enjoyed it. I envied you guys who got to actually work with some hardware. (I also took Winston's AI course at MIT a looong time ago - things have changed a bit since then!)

Yeah, underactuated is an awesome class, especially now that they've finished porting the Drake software away from Matlab. Winston's class hasn't changed nearly as much as you might think -- the OCW lectures seem to be in one to one correspondence with today's lectures. What has certainly changed are the guest lectures, which you can't really find online.

Comment Source:Yeah, underactuated is an awesome class, especially now that they've finished porting the Drake software away from Matlab. Winston's class hasn't changed nearly as much as you might think -- the OCW lectures seem to be in one to one correspondence with today's lectures. What has certainly changed are the guest lectures, which you can't really find online.

I took 6.034 as an undergraduate long before the OCW version. :) I recognize around the first quarter of the current syllabus. There certainly may be other things on there that I have learned and forgotten, though.

Comment Source:I took 6.034 as an undergraduate long before the OCW version. :) I recognize around the first quarter of the current syllabus. There certainly may be other things on there that I have learned and forgotten, though.