Options

Introduction: Rowan Limb

Hello, I am a big data researcher in the telecoms industry in the UK. Quite a bit of Scala and Java in my day job, dabbling with Clojure (and Go as it happens) more as a hobby. I have been curious about Category theory and its relationship to functional programming for a while and hope this course can help me make the breakthrough in my understanding at last. Any questions I have are likely to be very 'newbie' and naieve.

Comments

I am interested in developing a language for describing categories in Clojure. That means some clojure.spec , macros and category descriptions.

Comment Source:I am interested in developing a language for describing categories in Clojure. That means some clojure.spec , macros and category descriptions.

@Frederick that sounds like an interesting project, will you be creating a public repo?

Comment Source:@Frederick that sounds like an interesting project, will you be creating a public repo?

Hello, Rowan! Could you describe Clojure in a sentence or two? I have no idea what it is.

(See? I like newbie questions, and I'm not afraid to ask them myself. Please ask many of them.)

Comment Source:Hello, Rowan! Could you describe Clojure in a sentence or two? I have no idea what it is. (See? I like newbie questions, and I'm not afraid to ask them myself. Please ask many of them.)

Clojure is a Lisp like language which runs on the Java Virtual Machine (JVM). I really like it but I'm still just learning it when I can (ditto Haskell and Go). Am I a sadist ha ha?

Comment Source:Clojure is a Lisp like language which runs on the Java Virtual Machine (JVM). I really like it but I'm still just learning it when I can (ditto Haskell and Go). Am I a sadist ha ha?

Fredrick, that does sound an interesting project

Comment Source:Fredrick, that does sound an interesting project