Options

Introduction: Steven De Keninck

Hi everyone,

I'm Steven, counting since I realized I had fingers and programming since C64 (not a carbon isotope - but equally efficient as dating method). My programming friends call me a mathematician, my math friends call me a programmer. Unfortunately I know enough statistics to understand what that means for the odds of me being bad at both. Luckily I'm naive enough to ignore that.

My current interests include exploring the possibilities of augmenting general purpose programming languages with modern math, most recently a geometric algebra code generator that allows you to write GA expressions in javascript closer to the math than you could in mathematica. (I found this forum because my library (https://github.com/enkimute/ganja.js) got mentioned in another thread in the chat forum here.)

Thank you John for this initiative, I'm obviously still very new here but really looking forward to catching up. Expect me to miss all the basic points, ask all the silly questions, .. I have no shame. none.

If I do manage to catch up, I'll try to provide in javascript libraries and visualizations where I can (its how I study.). Also, thanks Artur Grzesiak, without you I would not have found this place.

Steven.

Comments

Hi, Steven! Clifford algebras are cool; I taught a course once about how they show up in particle physics.

I hope you start going through the book and my lectures and start asking lots of questions! We need some people to start asking "silly questions", because that will help everyone else relax and open up - otherwise only the most expert students will dare talk, and the course will leave everyone else in the dust!

Comment Source:Hi, Steven! Clifford algebras are cool; I taught a course once about [how they show up in particle physics](http://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/qg-spring2003/). I hope you start going through the book and my lectures and start asking lots of questions! We need some people to start asking "silly questions", because that will help everyone else relax and open up - otherwise only the most expert students will dare talk, and the course will leave everyone else in the dust!