Options

Applied Category Theory : Navigation Aid : Table of Contents

Enjoy, I will try to keep this up to date.

Comments

Fredrick, thanks for this!

Comment Source:Fredrick, thanks for this!

Great, Fredrick!! Thank you

Comment Source:Great, Fredrick!! Thank you

oh Thank you SO much, I was getting lost

Comment Source:oh Thank you SO much, I was getting lost
    edited April 16

There is also a nice gitbook covering the lectures. It does not include the exercises though.

Comment Source:[There is also a nice gitbook covering the lectures](https://forum.azimuthproject.org/discussion/1992/creating-gitbooks-for-the-course#latest). It does not include the exercises though.

I'm not sure it'd be appropriate to include the exercises directly (since they're in the 7 Sketches book itself). But we could start adding in links to the exercises per chapter. Perhaps an additional file at the end of each chapter that points to the exercise discussions here on the forum.

A nice thing about this book is that since it's all markdown (under the hood) it should be nearly trivial for us to later move it to the wiki proper if John wants it there. We'd only need to adjust some of the internal links and the mathjax markup (there are slight differences between the Gitbook mathjax settings and the ones on the forum and wiki).

Comment Source:I'm not sure it'd be appropriate to include the exercises directly (since they're in the *7 Sketches* book itself). But we could start adding in links to the exercises per chapter. Perhaps an additional file at the end of each chapter that points to the exercise discussions here on the forum. A nice thing about this book is that since it's all markdown (under the hood) it should be nearly trivial for us to later move it to the wiki proper if John wants it there. We'd only need to adjust some of the internal links and the mathjax markup (there are slight differences between the Gitbook mathjax settings and the ones on the forum and wiki).
    edited April 16

I'm not sure it makes sense to include the exercises in the book of my lectures: they fit very nicely in Seven Sketches, and that book is currently free... but it will also be copyrighted. I seem to be writing my own book, Lectures on Seven Sketches, with its own puzzles (not all of which are currently in the lectures).

A nice thing about this book is that since it's all markdown (under the hood) it should be nearly trivial for us to later move it to the wiki proper if John wants it there.

That's a neat idea!

Comment Source:I'm not sure it makes sense to include the exercises in the book of my lectures: they fit very nicely in _Seven Sketches_, and that book is currently free... but it will also be copyrighted. I seem to be writing my own book, _Lectures on Seven Sketches_, with its own puzzles (not all of which are currently in the lectures). > A nice thing about this book is that since it's all markdown (under the hood) it should be nearly trivial for us to later move it to the wiki proper if John wants it there. That's a neat idea!

I should have said "It does not, and should not, include the exercises."

Comment Source:I should have said "It does not, **and should not**, include the exercises."