Options

Introduction: Christopher Upshaw

edited April 2018 in Chat

Hi. I've been messing around with some of these ideas from when I taught my self Haskell the summer between high school and college. I ended up studying both math and CS in College, and got a double major, but was unreasonably scared of Grad school so ended up doing a bunch of somewhat tedious C programming. These days I'm working with Java on android. But I've always kept a hobby level interest both in graduate level math and functional programming. I want to pursue those with more seriousness then the last few years.

Comments

Hello, Christopher! A whole lot of programmers have showed up for this course, which is mildly intimidating to me since I don't program much myself, but also very interesting. I guess Haskell and other functional programming languages make people curious about category theory. That's got to be a good thing!

I hope you ask or answer some questions on the Chapter and Lecture discussion threads... when the course becomes interactive in that way it becomes sort of addictive, I think.

Comment Source:Hello, Christopher! A whole lot of programmers have showed up for this course, which is mildly intimidating to me since I don't program much myself, but also very interesting. I guess Haskell and other functional programming languages make people curious about category theory. That's got to be a good thing! I hope you ask or answer some questions on the Chapter and Lecture discussion threads... when the course becomes interactive in that way it becomes sort of addictive, I think.