Options

Introduction: Stefania Dumbrava

Hi ! I'm a recent PhD graduate & current postdoc, working on the certification of database engines using the Coq theorem prover. I've been interested in category theory ever since my undergraduate studies in mathematics, though I've never actually directly applied it to any project I've worked on. With respect to my background: I've read S.Awodey's & B.Pierce's books and, every now and then, posts from n-Category Cafe & B.Milewski's blog. It's wonderful to have the opportunity to participate in an open course with so many interested people and I hope I'll be able to keep up with the pace ! Thank you for the great initiative :)

Comments

Hello, Stefania! Welcome to the course!

Just one minute ago I was welcoming Arshad Mahmood to the course; he too mentioned Pierce's book. I'd never heard of it before! Did you like it? I should look at it, because I should keep track of all introductions to category theory.

Chapter 3 of our textbook, Seven Sketches, is about databases. I hope you enjoy that!

Comment Source:Hello, Stefania! Welcome to the course! Just one minute ago I was welcoming [Arshad Mahmood](https://forum.azimuthproject.org/discussion/2012/introduction-arshad-mahmood/p1) to the course; he too mentioned Pierce's book. I'd never heard of it before! Did you like it? I should look at it, because I should keep track of all introductions to category theory. Chapter 3 of our textbook, _Seven Sketches_, is about databases. I hope you enjoy that!