Options

Introduction: Francesc Muñoz

Hi all, Thanks for accepting me in this course. I’ve been reading some of the introductions and I’m really impressed. I don’t have any ‘official’ background. Only interest in learning. In fact, I'm even not really fluent in English. Well, maybe that’s not too bad for a great initiative like this: If a simple mortal like me is able to understand something here, that would mean that the initiative is extremely well designed. My original interest in the topic is related to functional programming languages. But as I'm reading here and there, I'm realising that Category theory is much deep and broad. And interesting on its own. I know bits of knowledge about logic, graph theory, Petri nets theory, and some Knowledge Representation. I promise not to bother you with too stupid questions. cesc

Comments

edited April 19

Welcome, Fracesc! Please bother us with "stupid" questions - those are the questions where people learn the most, at least if they ponder the answers.

It sounds like you know about many topics in math that category theory touches on in interesting ways. For example, right now I'm trying to finish off a paper with my student Jade Master, about a category where the morphisms are "open" Petri nets - that is, Petri nets with some places designated as inputs, and some designated as outputs.

Comment Source:Welcome, Fracesc! Please bother us with "stupid" questions - those are the questions where people learn the most, at least if they ponder the answers. It sounds like you know about many topics in math that category theory touches on in interesting ways. For example, right now I'm trying to finish off a paper with my student Jade Master, about a category where the morphisms are "open" Petri nets - that is, Petri nets with some places designated as inputs, and some designated as outputs.