Options

Introduction - Ajay Kumar Raja

Hello all! I'm currently an aspiring pure mathematician and an undergraduate at UC Berkeley. I'm currently taking this course because I've been very interested in Category Theory ever since I was introduced to it in one of my classes, and would very much like to get a stronger grasp on its details and finer points! I'm planning on studying it and algebraic topology concurrently, as I've just recently become interested in the latter and plan on looking into the rich and intricate connections between the two. I'm looking forward to learning, reading, and doing the puzzles with everybody!

Comments

Hello, Ajay - welcome to the course! You'll see a lot of aspects of category theory in this course that you don't meet so quickly in a traditional math education... but also, your studies of algebraic topology will introduce you to lots of aspects of category theory that you won't see here. So, they should be complementary.

Please join our discussions and have lots of fun!

Comment Source:Hello, Ajay - welcome to the course! You'll see a lot of aspects of category theory in this course that you don't meet so quickly in a traditional math education... but also, your studies of algebraic topology will introduce you to lots of aspects of category theory that you won't see here. So, they should be complementary. Please join our discussions and have lots of fun!