Options

The End is Near

I'm sorry that this course has been creaking slowly to a halt instead of coming to a sudden dramatic conclusion. I've been getting very busy with papers, talks, writing a grant proposal, preparing my fall classes - all the usual academic stuff. I keep wanting to write more lectures, but I obviously haven't, and the pressure will only get worse in the weeks to come. So, I'm going to quit very soon.

But it looks like I'm doing it in a strange way. Later tonight I'll post Lecture 77, titled "The End". But then after that I'll post Lecture 76, part two of "The Grand Synthesis".

Huh?

It just worked out that way. I started writing "The Grand Synthesis" but got distracted by listing various references for further study, and realized they should go in a separate post, which I'm almost done writing. Since it's been way too long since I've posted anything, I'll post that first, and then go back to "The Grand Synthesis".

Comments

I, for one, am sad to see the end of these wonderful lectures, but thank you for 80 amazing (and free) lectures !

Comment Source:I, for one, am sad to see the end of these wonderful lectures, but thank you for 80 amazing (and free) lectures !
    edited September 24

Sad but true..my gratitude @John!!! ..you can be sure you you have been expanding a lot, in general, my knowledge ..it has been a huge pleasure.. If possible, please keep updating "this week's progress " topic or ,perhaps, you could send it to me by email...thanks in advance. This course was great =D>

Comment Source:Sad but true..my gratitude @John!!! ..you can be sure you you have been expanding a lot, in general, my knowledge ..it has been a huge pleasure.. If possible, please keep updating "this week's progress " topic or ,perhaps, you could send it to me by email...thanks in advance. This course was great =D>

Thanks, folks!

I am now teaching an advanced course in category theory at UCR; I'm trying to get someone to take really good readable notes and make those public, but it hasn't happened quite yet.

I will definitely keep updating "This Week's Progress".

Comment Source:Thanks, folks! I am now teaching an advanced course in category theory at UCR; I'm trying to get someone to take really good readable notes and make those public, but it hasn't happened quite yet. I will definitely keep updating "This Week's Progress".