Options

Introduction: Johan Felisaz

Hi, I'm Johan, physics undergrad from Switzerland. I joined for the Applied Category theory course. I discovered Category theory while learning Haskell on my own, and was struck by its clarity and power. Since then, I also encountered it in class, in Galois theory, and for topological quantum field theories.

My main interests are Physics, Math and CS, so I'm curious of the applications of CT in these fields. However I'm also curious about how could it be used in other less theoretical fields.

Comments

Welcome, Johan!

I studied c.s., but have a gap in my learning when it comes to Haskell.

Can you write a little bit about some of the key ways in which constructs from category theory are used in Haskell?

Of course I could find this on the web, but I am interested to hear it from your perspective.

Thanks!

Comment Source:Welcome, Johan! I studied c.s., but have a gap in my learning when it comes to Haskell. Can you write a little bit about some of the key ways in which constructs from category theory are used in Haskell? Of course I could find this on the web, but I am interested to hear it from your perspective. Thanks!

Hi there!

Comment Source:Hi there!