Options

Introduction: Ian White

edited October 7 in Chat

Jai Jinendra!
I'm Ian White, and I'm trying to create a new political party based upon the principles of Jainism.
Jainism and Environmental Philosophy, Aidan Rankin's new book, seems to explain well the connection between Jainism and ecology.
I first became aware of John (Baez) by reading his 'Tale of n-Categories' about 18 years ago now, while learning Haskell.
I use the handle 'votejainism' and can be found at various locations on the internet such as twitter, github, vimeo, vk, bitchute, etc.

Comments

edited October 7

Hi! Sounds like an interesting book. I avoid talking about religion, since it seems to divide people, but some of the principles of Jainism are appealing to me... though I don't know them that well, and I don't live up to even the principles I know and agree with!

Comment Source:Hi! Sounds like an interesting book. I avoid talking about religion, since it seems to divide people, but some of the principles of Jainism are appealing to me... though I don't know them that well, and I don't live up to even the principles I know and agree with!
    edited October 9

Hi! Jainism and Pythagoreanism seem quite similar (: And, yes, it does sound like an interesting book! I think I'm going to have to order it.

Comment Source:Hi! Jainism and Pythagoreanism seem quite similar (: And, yes, it does sound like an interesting book! I think I'm going to have to order it.