Options

Introduction: Chris Miller

Hello Everyone, I’m Chris, I discovered this forum from the MIT course Category for Programmers on YouTube. I am very new to the functional programming world and now it seems I have stumbled upon Category Theory. I just recently graduated with a undergraduate degree in mathematics but I currently work as a software engineer. I guess I’m just looking to learn some category theory to make me a better programmer/thinker. I’m especially excited to get up to speed with Haskell. I will probably be active primarily in the Category for Programmers forum for now but who knows where from there. Looking forward to learning tons. Thanks for adding me to the community.

Comments

Welcome, Chris!

Here is something to get started with: see the categories (on the left panel) that begin with "MIT 2020." All the lectures are there, each in its own discussion. We're encouraging people to add notes and questions there.

We're trying to form an organized study group for programming with categories. It's in an early stage. Any ideas - or questions - are welcome!

In any case, stay tuned, even if it things can seem quiet.

Also note that if you want to get email notifications for postings, on a per category basis, edit the notifications in your profile (gear on the top left).

Comment Source:Welcome, Chris! Here is something to get started with: see the categories (on the left panel) that begin with "MIT 2020." All the lectures are there, each in its own discussion. We're encouraging people to add notes and questions there. We're trying to form an organized study group for programming with categories. It's in an early stage. Any ideas - or questions - are welcome! In any case, stay tuned, even if it things can seem quiet. Also note that if you want to get email notifications for postings, on a per category basis, edit the notifications in your profile (gear on the top left).