Options

Introduction : Varun Nandakumar

Hello everybody!

I am an undergraduate student of mechanical engineering in India. Through my maths teacher, I was introduced to category theory, algebra and functional programming. I am only now beginning to wade into this world but I am captivated by what I see. I hope to learn lots and understand these subjects deeply.

Presently, I am working my way through Paolo Aluffi's Algebra : Chapter 0, and MIT's Programming with Categories course. To teach myself Haskell, which also happens to be my first real exposure to programming, I am using Julie Moronuki's and Christoph Allen's Haskell Programming From First Principles.

Certainly I wish to interact with the persons on this forum! I would like to use what I learn to help other people in any way I can one day, perhaps through teaching, writing and by doing mathematics itself.

I am happy to meet you all!

Comments

Welcome Varun!

Comment Source:Welcome Varun!

Welcome Varun! Algebra: Chapter 0 seems like a wonderful book! I've only read the first two chapters but plan to eventually work all the way through. Also, good luck with Haskell! It is a wonderful programming language!

Comment Source:Welcome Varun! Algebra: Chapter 0 seems like a wonderful book! I've only read the first two chapters but plan to eventually work all the way through. Also, good luck with Haskell! It is a wonderful programming language!