Options

Income, sustainability and the ecological emergency

Hello all, haven't been here for a while but just interacted with someone on Twitter about carbon footprint and income. I recall reading something on here a long time ago - 2016 maybe - which was a link @johnbaez (not sure if @ tags people here, but it's worth a stab) put up, I think, to a paper that included some very good visuals on the connection between income and ecological impact (or more narrowly, carbon footprint, but roughly amounts to the same thing). I'd very much appreciate it if someone would point me in the direction of that or another equally well researched paper. I recall that around 40,000 dollars per annum was the cut off below which impact was more or less sustainable, and above which the sustainability of the individual's lifestyle reduced dramatically. Help much appreciated. Best, Lucy. P.S. I finished my PhD and wrote a book based on the thesis. Thanks to all here who helped with discussions. My book is called "Love is Green: compassion as responsibility in the ecological emergency" and is available from Vernon Press. I'm currently editing a book about philosophy as a practice in response to the ecological emergency provisionally entitled, "Urgent Matters".

Comments

Beautiful- "Love is Green" may be the most concise fundamentally important logic of our time. Looking forward to reading the Book :)>-

Comment Source:Beautiful- "Love is Green" may be the most concise fundamentally important logic of our time. Looking forward to reading the Book :)>-