Options

Peak theory

I've incorporated some of David Tweed's remarks into a general article, Peak theory, about theories saying that the production of some commodity will peak soon. Eventually this should have links to a number of other articles. So far, just Peak uranium. We desperately need a Peak oil page.

Comments

edited October 2010

I've added a couple of contextual paragraphs to peak theory, and modified the Peak helium page (I'm not sure "peak helium" is quite right). I'll have a go, in collaboration with anyone who wants to help, at creating a page on peak oil over coming week, but the contribution rate will slow down a bit.

Comment Source:I've added a couple of contextual paragraphs to peak theory, and modified the [[Peak helium]] page (I'm not sure "peak helium" is quite right). I'll have a go, in collaboration with anyone who wants to help, at creating a page on peak oil over coming week, but the contribution rate will slow down a bit.

If you like I could help out a bit, in part by doing a blog entry about peak oil and using the responses to collect data. It might work best after we had a page partly written, so there was something to talk about.

I must admit however that I have 2 papers that need to be finished by October 15th. So, even though Azimuth is what I love the most, it's probably wiser if I wait until after they're done, before diving into the peak oil question.

So: how about if you either 1) write a peak oil page and I come along later and blog about it and try to beef it up, or 2) keep writing the short pages you've been writing, about more obscure but still important issues, until I can join you on Peak oil.

It's great to get pages on these obscure-but-important issues, like Peak phosphorus and Solar updraft tower - I'm learning a lot!

Comment Source:If you like I could help out a bit, in part by doing a blog entry about peak oil and using the responses to collect data. It might work best after we had a page partly written, so there was something to talk about. I must admit however that I have 2 papers that need to be finished by October 15th. So, even though Azimuth is what I love the most, it's probably wiser if I wait until after they're done, before diving into the peak oil question. So: how about if you either 1) write a peak oil page and I come along later and blog about it and try to beef it up, or 2) keep writing the short pages you've been writing, about more obscure but still important issues, until I can join you on [[Peak oil]]. It's great to get pages on these obscure-but-important issues, like [[Peak phosphorus]] and [[Solar updraft tower]] - I'm learning a lot!

I was a bit unclear in my comment: I'll try and build up a first draft over the coming week, but in the spirit of a wiki if anyone wants to add stuff as I'm putting in my contribution up they should feel free.

Comment Source:I was a bit unclear in my comment: I'll try and build up a first draft over the coming week, but in the spirit of a wiki if anyone wants to add stuff as I'm putting in my contribution up they should feel free.