Options

Member contributions policy

I took the liberty to take a look at the contributions of the members of whom I hadn't taken notice yet, just to know who they are.

What's our policy to members whose contribution is adding a reference to their own website/blog?

Someone called Nadja Kutz added information to Nuclear power and Peak Uranium, apparently with links to her own blog.

I admit that I should better study the scientific content (but the layout blog page referred to by Nuclear power does not invite me to read it) and not make hasty conclusions, but I am just thinking that it doesn't appear very good if one is only adding references to oneself — whether you're an expert or not.

Comments

In addition, these changes were not announced in the forum's Nuclear power

Comment Source:In addition, these changes were not announced in the forum's [Nuclear power](http://www.math.ntnu.no/~stacey/Mathforge/Azimuth/comments.php?DiscussionID=8&page=1#Item_5)

I know Nadja pretty well so I'm pretty sure she was just wanting to be efficient by adding a link to an analysis she wrote elsewhere rather than retyping it into Nuclear power. I don't think it's a case of 'self-promotion'. However, I believe that as the Azimuth Project becomes more successful, we will need to be very careful about people using it to promote their own visions, ideologies, businesses, etc.. It may sometimes be difficult to draw the line between what's acceptable and what's not. We'll have to learn as we go along!

Comment Source:I know Nadja pretty well so I'm pretty sure she was just wanting to be efficient by adding a link to an analysis she wrote elsewhere rather than retyping it into [[Nuclear power]]. I don't think it's a case of 'self-promotion'. However, I believe that as the Azimuth Project becomes more successful, we will need to be very careful about people using it to promote their own visions, ideologies, businesses, etc.. It may sometimes be difficult to draw the line between what's acceptable and what's not. We'll have to learn as we go along!

This page The Double-Cylindrical PointFocus comes to mind.

Comment Source:This page [[The Double-Cylindrical PointFocus]] comes to mind.
    I agree that as this forum becomes more well-known and/or distinguished, it will also come under closer scrutiny from detractors. Typically; those folks will try to substitute harsh criticism for critical thinking, sometimes not clearly knowing the difference, but if others could be fooled by their arguments, we must be careful and judicious. Therefore being mindful of appearances, at least, is important.
    Comment Source:I agree that as this forum becomes more well-known and/or distinguished, it will also come under closer scrutiny from detractors. Typically; those folks will try to substitute harsh criticism for critical thinking, sometimes not clearly knowing the difference, but if others could be fooled by their arguments, we must be careful and judicious. Therefore being mindful of appearances, at least, is important.

@John: if you know her, I suppose it's indeed ok. I was only a little bit suspicious because in principle anyone could add something.

@Graham: I didn't even know of the existence of this page!

An excerpt:

It is impossible to predict when the applications of the DCPF principle will start to appear. However, I am convinced that this will happen sooner or later. And when it does, the material that I have created to explain the workings and advantages of the DCPF principle will be useful. In fact, I believe that it can make an important contribution towards improving the organizational performance of Humanity Inc., an improvement that is of vital importance if we are going to survive on this planet. Please use the information that I have assembled for this overall purpose.

Comment Source:@John: if you know her, I suppose it's indeed ok. I was only a little bit suspicious because in principle anyone could add something. @Graham: I didn't even know of the existence of this page! An excerpt: > It is impossible to predict when the applications of the DCPF principle will start to appear. However, I am convinced that this will happen sooner or later. And when it does, the material that I have created to explain the workings and advantages of the DCPF principle will be useful. In fact, I believe that it can make an important contribution towards improving the organizational performance of Humanity Inc., an improvement that is of vital importance if we are going to survive on this planet. Please use the information that I have assembled for this overall purpose.

I'd been told about The Double-Cylindrical PointFocus. I'm not quite sure what to do about it. I would be very happy if someone ruthlessly edited it and perhaps merged it in with some solar power page. It seems there's an actual idea there... but it's presented in exactly the way we want to avoid!

Comment Source:I'd been told about [[The Double-Cylindrical PointFocus]]. I'm not quite sure what to do about it. I would be very happy if someone ruthlessly edited it and perhaps merged it in with some solar power page. It seems there's an actual idea there... but it's presented in _exactly_ the way we want to avoid!