Options

Energy efficiency of vehicles

I just started the energy efficiency of vehicles. Feel free to add information as well as criticisms.

Comments

Cool ! There is a good diagram in Without+the+Hot+Air#details_for_some_chapters_in_the_second_part_6 Yes I will make it larger

Comment Source:Cool ! There is a good diagram in [[Without+the+Hot+Air#details_for_some_chapters_in_the_second_part_6]] Yes I will make it larger
    edited February 2011

That's a great graph, add away! What would be really cool is to expand it to include one for "well to wheel" energy efficiency that varies a bit more, and maybe even another one for carbon emissions. I added some more stuff but it seems like the more I add the more I feel the article is lacking, besides the sections that still need to be filled out of course and my weird version of references.

P.S. If someone has more experience with fluid drag feel free to add some info the subject if the drag coefficient changes significantly with speed.

Comment Source:That's a great graph, add away! What would be really cool is to expand it to include one for "well to wheel" energy efficiency that varies a bit more, and maybe even another one for carbon emissions. I added some more stuff but it seems like the more I add the more I feel the article is lacking, besides the sections that still need to be filled out of course and my weird version of references. P.S. If someone has more experience with [fluid drag](http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drag_coefficient#Drag_coefficient_cd_examples) feel free to add some info the subject if the drag coefficient [changes significantly with speed](http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reynolds_number#Definition).

Someone anonymous added a large portion of text to Energy efficiency of vehicles. It appears large enough to mention on the Forum, especially because the author is anonymous. I only took a quick look at it because I don't know much of this subject, so I can only say I suppose it makes sense and apparantly the writer knows a lot more. He/she also removed part of Stabilization wedges which reappeared in bits (but not all it seems) on Energy efficiency of vehicles.

Maybe our member roflwaffle (if it wasn't him/herself who took the action) could check because he/she's the source for our removed information on Stabilization wedges, here.

Comment Source:Someone anonymous added a large portion of text to [[Energy efficiency of vehicles]]. It appears large enough to mention on the Forum, especially because the author is anonymous. I only took a quick look at it because I don't know much of this subject, so I can only say I suppose it makes sense and apparantly the writer knows a lot more. He/she also removed part of [[Stabilization wedges]] which reappeared in bits (but not all it seems) on [[Energy efficiency of vehicles]]. Maybe our member roflwaffle (if it wasn't him/herself who took the action) could check because he/she's the source for our removed information on [[Stabilization wedges]], [here](http://www.math.ntnu.no/~stacey/Mathforge/Azimuth/comments.php?DiscussionID=122&Focus=2473#Comment_2473).