Options

GRACE (Gravity Recovery and Climate Experiment)

I'd like to start a page on the GRACE experiment, data of which are already mentioned on Sea level rise. So far I've only got this link so I won't create the page yet.

Comments

Ok, I've found some material, and there's a short page now. I hope the capitals are OK, see the reference.

Comment Source:Ok, I've found some material, and there's a short page now. I hope the capitals are OK, see the reference.
    edited February 2011

Ah, by the way, there's "attitude sensors" and I think it should be "altitude sensors". Unless somebody knows what an "attitude sensor" could be, I'll change it.

Comment Source:Ah, by the way, there's "attitude sensors" and I think it should be "altitude sensors". Unless somebody knows what an "attitude sensor" could be, I'll change it.
    edited February 2011

I don't which is meant, but the "attitude" of an engineering object is its "orientation" (eg, pointing at 20 degrees, in the westward direction, to the vertical) and attitude sensors do exist that measure that.

Comment Source:I don't which is meant, but the "attitude" of an engineering object is its "orientation" (eg, pointing at 20 degrees, in the westward direction, to the vertical) and attitude sensors do exist that measure that.
    edited February 2011

@David, thanks! I didn't know. I suppose the GPS instruments already measure the altitude.

Comment Source:@David, thanks! I didn't know. I suppose the GPS instruments already measure the altitude.