Options

Experiments in discrete stochastic simulation using simplified predator-prey

Comments

I can resize some of those pictures, but right now you're working on the page.

I'm not sure why you wrote "cap R". Either

$R$

$R$

or

$\mathrm{R}$

$\mathrm{R}$

should fill your needs...

Comment Source:I can resize some of those pictures, but right now you're working on the page. I'm not sure why you wrote "cap R". Either `$R$` $R$ or `$\mathrm{R}$` $\mathrm{R}$ should fill your needs...

Insomnia strikes again, so once I've just spent a while figured out where the images are I could rewrite them as html-img things.

As a computer scientist I'm used to muliti-letter variables names and try and make things vaguely mnemonic, so $capR$ is supposed to evoke "capacity for rabbits". Thinking about it, it looks like a capital K is what ecologists used for a capacity so I'll try that.

Incidentally, the primary reason for doing this is to figure out, from trying to write down models, what facilities would be useful in the library code I'm writing; any ecological relevance of the stuff is purely accidental.

Comment Source:Insomnia strikes again, so once I've just spent a while figured out where the images are I could rewrite them as html-img things. As a computer scientist I'm used to muliti-letter variables names and try and make things vaguely mnemonic, so $capR$ is supposed to evoke "capacity for rabbits". Thinking about it, it looks like a capital K is what ecologists used for a capacity so I'll try that. Incidentally, the primary reason for doing this is to figure out, from trying to write down models, what facilities would be useful in the library code I'm writing; any ecological relevance of the stuff is purely accidental.

Oh, I thought 'cap R' was supposed to produce a capital R.

Incidentally, the primary reason for doing this is to figure out, from trying to write down models, what facilities would be useful in the library code I'm writing; any ecological relevance of the stuff is purely accidental.

Similarly, I'm now using some population models as an example of general ideas about stochastic Petri nets; I don't think I'm actually understanding anything new about ecology just yet! But if you get enough people hovering around this region in idea space, something good will happen.

Comment Source:Oh, I thought 'cap R' was supposed to produce a capital R. > Incidentally, the primary reason for doing this is to figure out, from trying to write down models, what facilities would be useful in the library code I'm writing; any ecological relevance of the stuff is purely accidental. Similarly, I'm now using some population models as an example of general ideas about stochastic Petri nets; I don't think I'm actually understanding anything new about ecology just yet! But if you get enough people hovering around this region in idea space, something good will happen.