Comments

Is there a specific application for genetic algorithms you have in mind?

Comment Source:Is there a specific application for genetic algorithms you have in mind?
    edited April 2011

actually yes . it has been used in some cases to look for attractors in models and non-linear time series, so i have collected some ref's on that and will put it here during this week. I also started a Sage worksheet to understand how Attractor reconstruction works in principle and I was able to implement/reproduce Henon map reconstruction in ch.6 in the last ref on the above link/page.

In the long run I want to put more material on prediction on Tipping point and perhaps choose one of the tipping elements ,see table that I inserted just before the references on that page.

Comment Source:actually yes . it has been used in some cases to look for attractors in models and non-linear time series, so i have collected some ref's on that and will put it here during this week. I also started a Sage worksheet to understand how [[Attractor reconstruction]] works in principle and I was able to implement/reproduce Henon map reconstruction in ch.6 in the last ref on the above link/page. In the long run I want to put more material on prediction on [[Tipping point]] and perhaps choose one of the tipping elements ,see table that I inserted just before the references on that page.

..and if i remember corrrectly i found one paper that uses GA to optimize Wavelet compression. Ill check tomorrow, if u are interested?

Comment Source:..and if i remember corrrectly i found one paper that uses GA to optimize [[Wavelet]] compression. Ill check tomorrow, if u are interested?

Can't hurt to have the reference on the Wiki, although I won't be able to read it for quite some time due to time constraints.

Comment Source:Can't hurt to have the reference on the Wiki, although I won't be able to read it for quite some time due to time constraints.