Options

Climate Change Reconsidered

Does anyone know if there has been an official response by the IPCC to the book "Climate Change Reconsidered" edited by Craig Idso and S. Fred Singer?

There may be some interesting things to say about it.

I noticed that they cite a J Scott Armstrong who wrote a book "The Principles of Forecasting". Armstrong has done an audit of climate models using his principles, with a bad result. He also testified (BTW: what is the "House Science Committee hearing on climate change"?):

http://www.forecastingprinciples.com/content/view/444/1/

I find this amusing: Armstrong has developed his theory to aid managers in the decision making process, which is a good thing. His principles are valid and applicable for people who need "forecasts" in highly uncertain political/economic situations involving a lot of (human) parties with different interests. He seems to be completely unaware that common wisdom useful in these situations is not applicable to physical systems.

I could write about this, but I would like to ask first if this topic is too controversial? I see a clash of cultures, that neither side is able to fully resolve.

Comments

I think this would be a great thing to write about. There's no way to avoid controversy when discussing climate change, and I don't think we should be afraid of it. We should just make sure to focus on doing productive things, like explaining things clearly, instead of unproductive ones, like teasing people or starting fights.

(Not that I think you were planning to tease people or start fights!)

Comment Source:I think this would be a great thing to write about. There's no way to avoid controversy when discussing climate change, and I don't think we should be afraid of it. We should just make sure to focus on doing productive things, like explaining things clearly, instead of unproductive ones, like teasing people or starting fights. (Not that I think you were planning to tease people or start fights!)