Options

The Long Summer

I've started a page on Brian Fagan's book The Long Summer, which is a nice fun-to-read (probably oversimplified) history of climate change and its effects on people since the last ice age.

I would like to put a lot of information from this book into the Azimuth Project, but it's taken me quite a while just to put in the data from the timelines for 18000 BC to 3000 BC. The time-consuming part was creating little pages that explain various terms.

Hmm, I just noticed the table for the period after 3000 BC! More fun for another day...

Comments

I will get my copy in a few days :-)

Comment Source:I will get my copy in a few days :-)

Got my copy today...I'll try to write about the key aspects of the book during my coffee breaks, like JB suggested in the "Recommeded Reading" thread:

What I'd eventually like, though I don't expect it to happen soon, is not so much "reviews" of books as summaries of their main points.

Comment Source:Got my copy today...I'll try to write about the key aspects of the book during my coffee breaks, like JB suggested in the "Recommeded Reading" thread: <blockquote> <p> What I'd eventually like, though I don't expect it to happen soon, is not so much "reviews" of books as summaries of their main points. </p> </blockquote>

GREAT!

If you write about it during coffee breaks, I'll promise to finish up the "timeline" I was writing.

Comment Source:**GREAT!** If you write about it during coffee breaks, I'll promise to finish up the "timeline" I was writing.