Options

Blog - network theory (part 21)

I'm starting up

which will be a more detailed intro to the concept of 'deficiency' for chemical reaction networks, in preparation to proving the deficiency zero theorem.

Nothing to see there yet, though!

After this post and one that proves the deficiency zero theorem, Jacob and I will be almost done with the stuff for our book. A few things we might add:

1) A simple example that involves space: maybe predators and prey moving around on a 1-dimensional lattice. Jacob says he has a good example. This is a potentially huge subject, but I just want to let people know that the formalism developed so far really does handle systems where one attribute of an entity is its location, and entities can only interact if they're next to each other.

2) A guide to software for handling chemical reaction networks and stochastic Petri nets (which are really the same thing, but the people writing the software may not know that!).

3) An intro to the category theory that's secretly underpinning everything here.

Comments

Okay, Blog - network theory (part 21) is done, except for some examples I might want to add.

Comments, criticisms, and corrections are welcome!

Comment Source:Okay, [[Blog - network theory (part 21)]] is done, except for some examples I might want to add. Comments, criticisms, and corrections are welcome!