Options

Blog - network theory (part 20)

Jacob Biamonte has written an article that will show up in the Network Theory series on the blog:

Blog - network theory (part 20)

I hope people look at this and suggest or (better) make improvements.

I see Martin Gisser has already improved it. Great!

But Martin: when you edit a page, please just enter your name at the bottom, not also what you did. If you just enter your name, people can click and go to your page and see who you are. Right now your name is listed as

Martin Gisser (2 typos, https, link filled in)

so this doesn't work. People can always easily see what you did by clicking "Back in time".

I see a few things that need to be fixed on this blog entry. For example:

1. The spelling of "Frobenius"

2. n the Azimuth Wiki you need to leave a space between letters like i j to make them italic. So, instead of "dt" at the bottom of derivative, we need "d t". Similarly, "H_{ij}" should be "H_{i j}", etctera. This feature of Instiki is somewhat annoying, but we seem to be stuck with it.

3. Instead of a section called "References" at the end, we need links to the relevant Azimuth Blog articles at points where we refer to those.

Comments

Yeah, sorry... But this thread wasn't yet created. And, umm, me little stupid's name attached to the "improvement" looked a bit sophomoric to me... :-)

Comment Source:Yeah, sorry... But this thread wasn't yet created. And, umm, me little stupid's name attached to the "improvement" looked a bit sophomoric to me... :-)

Fixing typos and other small stuff like that is always good.

Comment Source:Fixing typos and other small stuff like that is always good.

I am going to polish up this post and put it on the Azimuth Blog soon.

Comment Source:I am going to polish up this post and put it on the Azimuth Blog soon.

I'm not happy with the statement of Perron's theorem: I guess the spectrum can be complex and r is the eigenvalue with maximal absolute value. Isn't r the spectral radius then?

Comment Source:I'm not happy with the statement of Perron's theorem: I guess the spectrum can be complex and r is the eigenvalue with maximal absolute value. Isn't r the spectral radius then?

Thanks, Martin I'll check it out... I'm rewriting stuff and haven't gotten that far yet. I may include proofs of the Perron and Perron-Frobenius theorems, either in this post or the next... mainly because I don't know those proofs by heart and I want to!

Comment Source:Thanks, Martin I'll check it out... I'm rewriting stuff and haven't gotten that far yet. I may include proofs of the Perron and Perron-Frobenius theorems, either in this post or the next... mainly because I don't know those proofs by heart and I want to!

Okay, I've polished up Perron's theorem and a lot more besides. This article is ready to go, though I still need to reformat it for the blog.

Comment Source:Okay, I've polished up Perron's theorem and a lot more besides. This article is ready to go, though I still need to reformat it for the blog.