Just a side comment (LHCII is for you only a special application for your methods, so this is probably not so interesting for you):

Some community detection for you: There is another community mostly located in Arizona, which used serial time resolved investigations with femtosecond X-ray lasers of PSI.
I don't have access to all those papers from them and [28] from the Fleming group and frankly also not the time to study them in detail, but
it might be that there are still discussions about the concrete topology of the involved electron transfer channels.
That is I was in particular irritated by one image (which is now shunned from public access), which somehow suggested another interpretation of the role of chlorophyll a.
That is in the image it looked (if I remember correctly) as if chlorophyll a is sort of parallel to P680 (they seem to operate in different wavelengths (do they?)) in the transfer chain to
pheophytin, however Wikipedia writes that

>Chlorophyll a also transfers resonance energy in the antenna complex, ending in the reaction center where specific chlorophylls P680 and P700 are located.[5]

unfortunately Wikipedia contradicts itself by claiming also (a bit down the page) that chlorophyll a IS P680, which seems wrong since P680 is a dimer and it looks as if chlorophyll a is not (?)

>Since the chlorophyll a molecules only capture certain wavelengths, organisms may use accessory pigments to capture a wider range of light energy shown as the yellow circles.[5] It then transfers captured light from one pigment to the next as resonance energy, passing energy one pigment to the other until reaching the special chlorophyll a molecules in the reaction center.[9] These special chlorophyll a molecules are located in both photosystem II and photosystem I. They are known as P680 for Photosystem II and P700 for Photosystem I.[12]

Links to the article and similar research
here