> Limiting Paul at the onset of his research to come up with an original idea is counter productive.

I don't limit Paul. I just say that I see big problems here and I even don't feel like discussing them any further.

>The LOD factor (the L in CSALT) is an interesting one, because we know that any changes in the earth’s rotational speed has to impact the internal energy in some way.

Yes could be in principle, but nevertheless the length of a day is no energy and what I understood from the article (where I don't understand how they came up with this) that the integral over rho epsilon dV is considered to be an energy, which relates to the internal energy. And the earth rotation might be one aspect but it would not account for the full internal energy of the earth.

> Secondly, as far as the mystery of thermodynamics, this is what Peter Ván said

> "The basic mystery in thermodynamics is the universality. The validity of thermodynamic equations and theories regularly exceed the expectations."

> P. Ván, “Thermodynamics of continua: the challenge of universality,” arXiv preprint arXiv:1305.3582, 2013.

Yes and he wrote sentences like:

> The van der Waals gas body has a fold bifurcation at the critical point, and we can observe a slow manifold in Fig. 1 with the particular interaction parameters.

Paul, I would like to better understand what's going on here and thus tried to get a general look on the P. Van community - unfortunately it seems that the adresses in P. Van's: THERMODYNAMICS OF CONTINUA:THE CHALLENGE OF UNIVERSALITY seem outdated.
That is there is no Dept. of Theoretical Physics, Wigner Research Centre for Physics, Institute for Particle and Nuclear Physics,
but only a Department of Nuclear Physics or a Dp. for Particle Physics, in neither one
I could find P.Van. There is also no Dept. of Energy Engineering at the Budapest Univ. of Technology and Economics Budapest Univ. of Technology and Economics and that Link here is all I found about a Montavid research Group.