The interactive javascript is handy for reading values but unfortunately I can't link to an image,
and I dont dare to display a screenshot on my own homepage.

Otherwise you would directly see that for 781.31nm the solar irradiance describes a kind of hockey stick with the irradiance rising from 1.1707 Wm^2/nm in 04212003 to 1.1753 Wm^2/nm in 22112016. Similar for the 798.83nm measurements. Where it has been rising rather dramatically in the past two years.

To my great disconcert there is an absorption right in this range in methane:
![obrien](http://vpl.astro.washington.edu/spectra/obrienfig10.jpg)

In the comment here I cited the following:
>Between 300 and 800 nm the stratosphere is only weakly absorbing and most of the solar radiation at these wavelengths is transmitted into the troposphere.

Gunnar Myrrhe said on near infrared investigations:

>"Near-infrared absorption by CH4 has been investigated earlier and I know it is under further investigations. It is not obvious whether the near-infrared absorption leads to a positive or negative forcing, since it depends if the absorption occur in the troposphere or stratosphere. "

Goddard writes:

>Although the inferred increase of solar irradiance in 24 years, about 0.1 percent, is not enough to cause notable climate change, the trend would be important if maintained for a century or more.

But I have that very bad feeling that there was not enough attention to methane absorption in the UV and infrared.
Does anybody know of any new findings with regard to this? I haven't found anything in my search engine bubbles.