8 March 2017:
1) Jason Erbele and Daniel Cicala have applied to attend the AMS workshop on homotopy type theory in the “breathtaking mountain setting” of Snowbird Resort in Utah, June 4th to 10th. It's being run by my friends Dan Christensen, Mike Shulman and Emily Riehl along with Chris Kapulkin and Dan Licata (who I don't know so well).
2) Next week Blake Pollard is going to the American Physical Society meeting in New Orleans and presenting a poster on his work on open systems.
3) My book with Jacob Biamonte, _[Quantum Techniques for Stochastic Processes](http://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/stoch_stable.pdf)_, seems to have been accepted for publication by World Scientific Press.
4) Less significant, but fun: the Australian science fiction writer Greg Egan and I proved an interesting equation expressing pi in terms of the golden ratio:
* [Pi and the golden ratio](https://johncarlosbaez.wordpress.com/2017/03/07/pi-and-the-golden-ratio/), _Azimuth_, 7 March 2017.