> "TULSA, Okla. (AP) — Oklahoma's former lead seismologist says he felt pressured by a University of Oklahoma official to not link the state's surge in earthquakes to oil and gas production."

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/oklahoma/articles/2017-11-15/former-oklahoma-seismologist-testifies-in-earthquake-lawsuit

> "Holland also detailed a meeting that allegedly took place with Boren and Harold Hamm, a billionaire oilman who has given millions of dollars to the university. Holland said he was called into Boren's office after he wrote the paper.

>Holland said Boren "expressed to me that I had complete academic freedom, but that as part of being an employee of the state survey, I also have a need to listen to, you know, the people within the oil and gas industry."

>Holland testified that Hamm told him "to be careful of the way in which I say things, that hydraulic fracturing is critical to the state's economy in Oklahoma, and that me publicly stating that earthquakes can be caused by hydraulic fracturing was — you know, could be misleading, and that he was nervous about the war on fossil fuels at the time."