Jonatan -> No working demo yet, as I've only finished a small part of the display code. I do have an ETH address, but I know very little about blockchain tech, if I'm being honest. While consensus is important in the space, the work that I'm doing is just for personal gratification–I'm not sure I can accept your offer, though I do appreciate it and it made me smile knowing someone is out there trying to foster interesting work.

John -> Thanks for your detailed reply, this must be taking up quite a lot of your time. I hope you don't get overwhelmed by the response!

With regard to the Yoneda, your description of it meshes with my basic understanding of it. It's OK that it won't be covered directly, I'm not afraid of a little self-directed learning. Let's just hope working through the material can give me a strong enough foundation to work on it.

I'm not really sure what the issue was for me with respect to Conceptual Mathematics. My math background is woefully lacking, and so I generally struggle with even basic notation at times and constantly find myself having to try to get a grasp on things as I go. Doing the book with no living outside resources was just a bit too much for me I think.

Bob -> Cool to see so many FP people in here. I've yet to really dip my toes in the water, I think my first foray outside of the realm of making toy-programs is going to be the raft implementation I mention above.

My understanding of category theory is so limited that I can't even imagine its pragmatic or "real world" uses, so I'm mostly excited to get some perspective! I'll keep Conceptual Mathematics in mind for a second pass after this course, maybe it will click on second read.