Vladislav wrote:

> It seems that I read your lecture, prior to reading the chapter material in the book. In other words, I use 'online' material first, and then the book. Not sure if that's what's expected or not, but if you have in mind a particular sequence (or sequences) that you would like your students to follow, perhaps make that expectation explicit -- would help.

Whatever you want to do is fine! I am trying to write the lectures in such a way that you can follow them without reading the book. And of course, the book was written in such a way that you can follow it without reading my lectures. I hope that having both available, and also giving people the ability to try Puzzles and discuss topics with each other in the Chapter posts, gives people many different ways to learn the material.

There is definitely a lot of material in the book that won't be in my lectures - especially all the Exercises, which contain a lot of good information. So, you can think of my lectures as a distilled version of the book that's strongly biased toward my own tastes.

If there's too much information to absorb all of it, I think it'll be easiest to just make sure you understand the Lectures. If you want to become an expert, you need to read the book.