> Can two lattices be isomorphic and their associated posets not?

If two lattices are isomorphic preserving *infima* and *suprema*, ie *limits*, then they are order isomorphic.

The reals and hyperreals provide a rather confusing counter example to the converse. I am admittedly struggling with this myself, as it is highly non-constructive.

From model theory we have two maps \\(\phi : \mathbb{R} \to\, ^\ast \mathbb{R} \\) and \\(\psi :\, ^\ast\mathbb{R} \to \mathbb{R} \\) such that:

- if \\(x \leq_{\mathbb{R}} y\\) then \\(\phi(x) \leq_{^\ast \mathbb{R}} \phi(y)\\)
- if \\(p \leq_{^\ast \mathbb{R}} q\\) then \\(\psi(q) \leq_{\mathbb{R}} \psi(q)\\)
- \\(\psi(\phi(x)) = x\\) and \\(\phi(\psi(p)) = p\\)

Now consider \\(\\{ x \, : \, x \in \mathbb{R} \text{ and } 0 < x \\}\\).

The hyperreals famously violate the [Archimedean property](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archimedean_property). Because of this \\(\bigwedge_{^\ast \mathbb{R}} \\{ x \, : \, x \in \mathbb{R} \text{ and } 0 < x \\}\\) does not exist.

On the other than if we consider \\( \bigwedge_{\mathbb{R}} \\{ \psi(x) \, : \, x \in \mathbb{R} \text{ and } 0 < x \\}\\), that *does* exist by the completeness of the real numbers (as it is bounded below by \\(\psi(0)\\)).

Hence

$$
\bigwedge_{\mathbb{R}} \\{ \psi(x) \, : \, x \in \mathbb{R} \text{ and } 0 < x \\} \neq \psi\left(\bigwedge_{^\ast\mathbb{R}} \\{ x \, : \, x \in \mathbb{R} \text{ and } 0 < x \\}\right)
$$

So \\(\psi\\) *cannot* be a complete lattice homomorphism, even though it is part of an order isomorphism.

However, just to complicate matters, I believe that \\(\phi\\) and \\(\psi\\) are a mere *lattice* isomorphism, preserving finite meets and joints.