Matthew wrote:
> Well, a lot of projects demand you squash all your commits before a merge, so I force push quite a bit.

The "proper" way to do that is to rebase against master, so that your squashed commit can be applied as a straightforward merge (or fast-forward if you don't even want the merge commit). Force pushing forcibly updates a publically known branch head in a non-monotonic manner, so that if someone else has checked out that head and is working against it, they'll be working on history that essentially no longer exists, as far as the remote is concerned.

Nobody minds editing posts (I edit _a ton_), but if something published needs to be altered or removed, it's kind to those who might have seen it to leave some remnant of it around, even if just as an edit saying "I said something about X before here, but it was wrong". It helps to preserve some semblance of linear continuity of a forum thread.

Owen wrote:
> Therefore the set of morphisms in this category can be indexed by \\(\mathbb{N}^\mathbb{N}\cup \\{\ast\\}\\), infinite sequences of natural numbers together with a special extra element, where a sequence \\((n_0,n_1,n_2,\dots)\in\mathbb{N}^\mathbb{N}\\) corresponds to the functor \\(\mathbf{M}\to\mathbf{M}\\) sending each \\(k\\)th prime \\(p_k\\) to \\(n_k\\), and \\(\ast\\) corresponds to the "send everything to the identity" morphism.

I think you have a better handle on this problem than I do... Do you have any thoughts on the possibility I mentioned about having equivalent functors? It seems like we essentially have a "change of base" property taking us between certain functors, mediated by bijections on the set of prime numbers.