9 February 2018:

This week's progress:

1) Adam Yassine was accepted to a Mathematical Sciences Research Institute workshop called "From Symplectic Geometry to Chaos". It runs from July 23rd to August 3rd this summer. This is great because he's working on symplectic geometry and open classical systems! He should take advantage of this opportunity to check out Berkeley and visit their math department.

2) As part of the Applied Category Theory school, Joseph Moeller wrote a blog article on the n-Category Cafe:

* Joe Moeller, A categorical semantics for causal structure, The n-Category Café, January 22, 2018.

3) Also for this school, Jade Master wrote this blog article:

* Jade Master, Linguistics using category theory, The n-Category Café, February 6, 2018.

It's really fun reading these articles and thinking about more ways to use categories!

4) Mike Stay has hired Christian Williams and me to do some research for his startup Pyrofex. I'm very excited about this. We'll probably start by working on ideas that can already be found here:

* Michael Stay and Lucius Gregory Meredith, Representing operational semantics with enriched Lawvere theories.

If your curious, I blogged about some of these things here:

* John Baez, Pyrofex, Azimuth, February 4, 2018.

5) John Paschkewitz of DARPA has agreed to pay for me to speak at the Applied Category Theory conference at the National Institute of Standards in March.

That's where Blake is working now.... with the guy who is running this conference, Spencer Breiner!