Here's the plan. Note that I'll talk as if the people in our investigation teams are male, but actually we want women in there. More than 30% might not work well, but I don't think that is likely to be a problem.

Azimuth is going to be the greatest show on youtube: solving the world's problem's by understanding them, and understanding the options and presenting the results in a clear and compelling and educational way.

Well actually I wrote a plan (available on application), but it is a bit convoluted. A key aim is to reward people who do good stuff with promotions, honours, prizes, reputation points, and make a fuss about it. This would be combined in some way (perhaps in an introductory section ) with Azimuth's actual output (such as videos explaining stuff). Clearly if there is exponential growth then there have to be an increasing number of teams and an increasingly complex system for evaluating participants. At the bottom level there have to be open forums where the general public can air their knowledge and skill (and/or ignorance): this being one of the ways of finding new team members (and new members of the evaluation team) .

The point is to generate educational material, aimed 50% at female education, and reward the team workers by giving them acknowledgements (which will clearly reach that audience) by being recognized in the opening and closing credits of the educational stuff.

For something that is going to grow exponentially you need scalable infrastructure. I doubt if the current system fits the bill, apart from the fact that it has some technical problems. A move to google infrastructure is now more practical: google docs has an equation editor which wouldn't do for nLab but might be ok for Azimuth. Google docs has recently added a discussion feature. Everything is integrated with youtube. There is also substantial programmability via App Engine and Apps Script. I also think that Google (perhaps through google.org) would be interested in this as a project showcasing google capabilities. I'm sure they've heard of John Baez, but it wouldn't hurt to go to them with some other people they know. If you get google on board I'm sure they will improve their math support. They might also provide computational infrastructure, and stuff, or even money, for prizes.