Nad wrote:

> It sounds useful to collect quotes of “opinion makers” to bring global warming more into public attention, however the Azimuth Wiki
currently doesn’t look too appropriate for that purpose, since it is not broadly disseminated and graphically unappealing.

The point of the Azimuth Wiki is not to disseminate information to a maximal audience, but rather to store it in a way that lets us deploy it when needed.

For example: when I get into arguments I often need to prove that a huge majority of climate scientists believe in human-caused global warming. I got tired of looking up the evidence every time I needed it. So, I wrote [Global warming - scientific opinions](http://www.azimuthproject.org/azimuth/show/Global+warming#Opinions). Now I can just go there and grab text whenever I need it!

I will create a link from our [[Global warming]] page to [[Global warming in the news]]. We will someday have lots of specialized global warming pages, with links from [[Global warming]] to all these pages.

Nad wrote:

> In general however I think it is also urgent to find more out about what kind of policies to install in order to mitigate climate change.

Yes, this is very important. The United States has been stuck in an argument over whether global warming is 1) real, 2) human-caused, 3) a serious problem. This leaves people very little time to think about the next question: **WHAT SHOULD WE _DO_ ABOUT GLOBAL WARMING???**

I've always wanted to move onto this question, but somehow when people hear I'm a mathematician interested in climate science they think I should think about climate models and 3 questions I listed. And to some extent I've made the mistake of spending time on these questions.

I don't think it's a _complete_ mistake, because if you can't prove you understand something about these questions, they won't pay attention when you start talking about **WHAT SHOULD WE _DO_ ABOUT GLOBAL WARMING.**

However, I feel really bad, very often, because I haven't put enough time into talking about what we should do!

It's very hard to tackle this question, especially if we want to make suggestions that are realistic. But we have to try.